Designed by Veethemes.com

Brewtown Newtown, Newtown

With the cronut craze hitting Sydney at full speed, I decided to get onboard and  venture out to try the famous cronuts at Brewtown Newtown. My friends and I arrive just before 11 on a Thursday morning and we are seated right away.. after a minute of awkward loitering in the door of the cafe because we didn't know what to do. 
Glazed Cronuts- $4.50
I actually bought these as I was leaving, but I'm going to talk about these first, because they are the stars of Brewtown Newtown. In all honesty, I have never tried a cronut prior to my visit at Brewtown Newtown so I wasn't too sure of what to expect. The cronut: the love child of a donut and a croissant. Feels like a croissant, flaky like a croissant but tastes like a donut. All the goodness of a donut and a croissant rolled into one massive cronut. What more can you want? It's simply delicious. A bit more oily than I would have liked but it's still good. A bit too overhyped for its own good, but definitely worth a try. 

Elvis Burger- $16.50
I already knew that I was getting this burger before I even set foot in Brewtown Newtown.I'm usually the one that stalks the menu of a restaurant (on food blogs of course) prior to trying a new place because otherwise I end up taking 20 minutes to decide on what I want and where I want to eat. Anyhow, the elvis burger is like a cheeseburger but better. Probably has the same amount of oil though, could probably fry a pot of chicken wings with the amount of oil on my plate. The savoury brewnut is what makes this dish. The tomato relish for the chips was pretty good. This burger is delicious but I would probably only eat it only once in while.

Corned beef hash with poached eggs- $15
My friend couldn't finish her egg so I ate half an the egg. Decent poached egg. Nothing much to say about this because I didn't try any of the other parts. 
Poached eggs with a side of avocado
Unsure of the price of the poached eggs, but I do remember that my friend added a side of avocado for an extra $4.50. 

I did enjoy my time at Brewtown Newtown but I think I just raised my expectations for it to an unrealistic level. The staff were friendly. There weren't too many people in and out at the time I was there so I can't comment too much about their speedy service. I do want to come back and try their coffee cronut or their jam cronuts. Overall, it was a good experience and it's definitely worth a try if you're in the area. 
6-8 O'Connell St
Newtown, NSW 2042
Brewtown Newtown on Urbanspoon 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ! :)