Designed by Veethemes.com

El Loco at Slip Inn

El Loco is one of those places that I have always heard about but never tried, that is until recently.  The interior is quite colourful, brining out a Mexican feel to the place. I believe there is also an outdoor seating area, but it was too cold that day to go out. However, I do wish I tried more of their stuff that day because with all the rave reviews about this place, the food I had didn't live up to expectations. 

Pollo Taco- $6
I ordered the Pollo Taco which is a chicken taco with a sweet corn salsa. As much as I enjoyed the sweet corn salsa within the taco, the taco itself was less than stellar. The taco was a lot smaller than expected plus it was extremely difficult to eat without making a huge mess. In the end I had to get a fork to scoop up what was remaining of my taco.

On the other hand, the Chiptole Fries served with Chiptole Mayo - $7 proved to be much more up to expectations. I forgot to take a photo of the chips, but I must say I really loved the mayo served with the. I wouldn't mind buying just the mayo to bring home to eat. 

Despite the average experience at El Loco, I still want to try some more dishes on the menu before I make a full judgement, but for now, El Loco is just mediocre, nothing to write home about. 


111 Sussex St
Sydney, NSW 2000

El Loco at Slip Inn on Urbanspoon





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ! :)