Designed by Veethemes.com

Ramen Kan, Haymarket


SIDE DISHES GALORE. Nothing is better than a hot bowl of ramen on a cold winter's night. The entrance to Ramen Kan is a dodgey looking stairwell on the side of Oportos,however upon entering the establishment you are greeted with a modern and elegant interior. Waiters carry iPads at their side to take the customers orders. It is quite a small establishment in that their tables are mainly suited to groups of 4. For the 5 of us, it was a bit of a squeeze on the table, but I didn't mind too much. We ordered quite a few side dishes and at $3 each who could resist.


Tonkotsu Ramen- $10.90
Every time I try a new ramen place, I tend to order the classic Tonkotsu Ramen. The broth is not as thick as other places but it goes down smoothly with a punch of milky flavour, the usual for a Tonkotsu Ramen. I finished almost all my broth because there was something about the flavour that kept drawing me back. The noodles were average I must admit. A bit too soft for my liking, but I can't complain too much. The egg in this wasn't as gooey as I'm used too, but it didn't take away too much from the ramen itself. The pork slices however was something I never had before in ramen. It was a different cut of meat, not too sure what it was but it added an unusual texture to the classic ramen. This ramen may not be my favourite of all time, but it does leave me wanting to return to Ramen Kan to try the different ramens.


Salmon salad- $3
As for the side dish I ordered, I thought there would be a lot more salmon. There was more mayo then salmon in this dish. The salad itself was delicious. I just love Japanese salads so much, I really need to find the sauce jap restaurants use. I also tried the Karage chicken, although not pictured here, it was pretty good. On par with the Karage chicken I had from Kanzo. 

Ramen Kan is a place I recommend to people looking for a quick and easy meal at affordable prices. For those who aren't as famished, a few side dishes will do the trick, although care must be taken in the ones you choose because according to my friends, they were a bit of a hit and miss. One unfortunate thing about this noodle place is the service. Not the friendliest people you would meet. Is the lack in customer service made up by the quality of the food? I guess but I do wish I had a better experience here. With that being said, I still want to come back to try everything else.

Have you tried Ramen Kan before? What noodle places do you recommend? 

90 Hay St
Haymarket, NSW 2000

 Ramen-Kan on Urbanspoon


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you ! :)